When you first get the source for Gautier RSS from github, you can build it and run it on Fedora the following way:
- Install the developer pre-requisites
- Easy way: sudo dnf install poco-devel.x86_64 libxml2-devel.x86_64 libcurl-devel.x86_64 gtkmm30-devel.x86_64 gtk3-devel.x86_64 webkit2gtk3-devel.x86_64 gcc-c++.x86_64 valgrind.x86_64 gdb.x86_64 gedit-plugins.x86_64 gedit-plugin-git.x86_64
- That installs all the libraries to build and run the program.
- Next: Clone Gautier RSS to a directory.
- Easy way: git clone https://github.com/michaelgautier/gautier_system.git
- That creates a directory named gautier_system
- Go into gautier_system then build_gcc
- Create 2 directories under build_gcc
- After than, run: ./build_prog_newsreader
- Once the build is done, you can run the program
- Run it as follows: ./newsreader
- Or, double-click the program file’s icon from the file manager’s UI
Steps 1 – 11 assumes a command line environment.